For a serious fashion fan, buying vintage clothes can be one of the happiest days of your life. The thrill of hunting one (or two) of the most satisfying piece is overly satisfying. Which is why, knowing how to shop for vintage clothing can be tricky and overwhelming. There are times that you simply need to know the difference between used clothing and real-deal vintage clothes. Bolsos disaster design can be a perfect example of clothing that most fashion die-hard will love to own. Keep in mind that there are many vintage stores that do not offer authentic vintage clothes and there are those garage sales that are full of vintage clothes that you could die for. Here are some of the ways to help you choose the perfect vintage clothing for you.
- Know the difference of thrift over vintage store – there are vintage things that you can purchase in a thrift store while you cannot find any thrift item in a vintage store. Vintage is something that you can say is special. These are the clothes and items that are in the borderline of being antique but have not quite reach the time for it yet. In addition to that, you will find that vintage items have the look of timeless beauty and hold cultural relevance.
- You can always start with the classic – if you are just new when it comes to hunting vintage clothes, it is worth to seek items that are something timeless. Vintage clothes are known to last for a long time, make sure that you pick something that you can use over and over again without worrying about it breaking immediately.
- It is not the size that matters but the right undergarments – there are certain clothes that were used in a certain era that uses specific undergarments for that cloth to look amazing. It is worth noting the type of clothes that you are buying and the perfect undergarments that are best used for it. Keep in mind that there are clothes that need the use of a corset or girdle to obtain a certain look. Noting of this will also give you the result to you expects from the clothes.
- Know what era you want – it is typical that the easiest way to find vintage clothes is the era that is closest the time we have today. But, what is amazing about finding clothes that are from the farthest era is the satisfaction it provides. Knowing that there are only a few of those items left and only you are the proud owner to find it.
- Why choose vintage clothes versus new – the price of a vintage cloth that is sure made of quality materials are usually the same priced of a new couture. Therefore, why choose for a vintage cloth than pre-owned a new one? It is because there is a higher chance that vintage clothes are made with quality and proven to last for long whereas new couture clothes may not at least for ten years or so.